Summary of Position Requirements:
The Purchasing Coordinator will support the purchasing and accounting departments by performing administrative and clerical duties as directed by the Purchasing Manager and Assistant Controller.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate proof & finalized budget reports for new home starts
- Review and process change orders
- Process approved PO revisions
- Responsible for preparing, submitting, and tracking monthly utility rebates
- Assist accounting with month-end budget scrubs
- Assist accounting with review of payments against closed homes and notify trade partners of unsubmitted invoices for homes closed
- Assist trade partners with billing issues
- Process change of vendor requests/approvals within purchasing guidelines
- Call Construction Managers or New Home Consultants when necessary
- Set up and maintain P-cost center data in JD Edwards
- Cross-train and provide backup for purchasing department and other departments as needed
- Assist with monitoring all trade partners to meet all insurance requirements
- Assist with the process of having contracts and bid documents signed by trade partners
- Upload new vendor/trade partner pricing once approved
- Filing, copying, other administrative duties with the department.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required; College preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of office/administrative experience.
- Computer literate with the ability to work with JD Edwards, Build Pro/Supply Pro, and Excel.
- Professionally perform multiple, detail oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
- Good writing and extremely good organization skills.
- Accept constructive feedback
- Possess strong work ethic, integrity, and loyalty.
- Team Player with ability to work well under pressure.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.