Summary of Position Requirements:
The Staff Accountant is responsible for the day to day activities of the budgeting department along with corporate requirements and management reporting for the division; and assisting in all external reporting, including financial institutions, taxing authorities, owners and regulatory agencies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update community budgets
- Help prepare monthly reporting packages
- Assist in meeting the monthly closing schedule, including monthly budget updates
- Assist in preparation and review of annual Business Plan and quarterly updates Review and coordinate property tax payments, personal property schedules, business licensing, and G&A analysis
- Review and prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist internal and external auditors as needed.
- Prepare and process deposits
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirement:
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance.
- 2+ years’ experience in an accounting role
- Real estate and/or construction experience is a plus
- Advanced Excel Skills, JD Edwards experience and Essbase/Hyperion a plus
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day in the confined quarters of an office. Also requires the ability to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 50 pounds. Finger dexterity in operating a computer keyboard and calculator. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages. Standing is required for filing and copying.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.