Summary of Position Requirements
Work closely with the Vice President of Land Acquisition and Land Transaction Manager to source prepare competitive market analysis studies and reports, assemble financial reports and statements, help to research deal specific tasks, and provide support in preparing feasibility books (“Green Books”), memoranda, and other documentation for corporate approval.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with updating land pipeline reports for each county within the region.
- Develop a broad understanding of the market including the competition, house types/ sizes, price points, and sales absorptions for each county within the region.
- Evaluate land deals and work with Division Management to determine the appropriate land price, product, house price, house cost, and deal structure to maximize profits.
- Assist in the underwriting process for land acquisition opportunities, including the preparation of deal specific competitive market analysis studies, preparing financial reports for acquisition opportunities to present to senior management (including proforma assumptions, proformas, profit and loss statements, cash flows, balance sheets, ROI, etc.).
- Manage and establish homeowners associations for existing assets and new acquisitions and coordinate all HOA related activities with external HOA attorneys and HOA management companies.
- Assist senior management in assembling Green Books by preparing executive summaries, marketing summaries, area maps, aerial photos, lot/ land competitive market analysis, demographic analysis, financial narratives, pricing proformas, community P&L statements, and cash flow statements and assembling the Green Books for corporate submittal.
- Work with Division team to prepare monthly closing approvals and wire requests.
- Manage files and systems needed within the land department.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Marketing or similar field of study preferred
- Preferred 1 year experience in land acquisitions or equivalent real estate experience
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Word, Power Point and Financial Management Systems
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong understanding of the housing marketplace, market trends and market analysis
- Strong researching skills and the ability to assemble information on a timely basis and from a variety of sources
- Ability to multi-task, prioritizing multiple projects and adapting to changing priorities
- Highly motivated self-starter with the willingness to learn
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, business partners and consultants.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.