Responsible for developing and maintaining architectural and structural drawings and for the timely dissemination of information regarding drawing changes to appropriate division departments, outside consultants and subcontractors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafting, Modification, and Maintenance of New and Existing Home Plans.
- Generate construction drawings for approved product designs based upon feedback and specifications set forth by the division team.
- Modify existing construction drawings based upon feedback and specifications set forth by purchasing, construction, sales and division president and ensure modifications are applied to all related plans.
- Draft construction documents utilizing the CAD system. Documents and drawing information should be organized in a manner that conveys information in established drawing format, consistent with company standards.
- Draft details and drawing information clearly and concisely to facilitate efficient construction and to communicate all necessary information to all personnel involved throughout the entire design and construction process.
- Ensure drawing information is kept up-to-date with all applicable residential building codes.
CAD System Management
- Maintain CAD software and logical file management methods consistent with company standards, floor system layouts, and electrical plans.
Sales and Construction Support
- Provide drawing clarification and support to sales and construction personnel as required during the sales and construction phases.
- Coordinate issues and changes as appropriate and involve necessary personnel to ensure that all information is conveyed properly and re-addressed if necessary by all appropriate departments and management team members.
- Visit the construction site as deemed appropriate to foster good design and construction and to expedite any issues that arise in the field.
- Ensures that the marketing department has the current plans for creation of brochures. Reviews all brochures to verify that they accurately depict the architectural plans.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent required, college degree preferred
- Three to five years’ experience in high-volume production homebuilding residential architecture and design.
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD required. Experience with Revit also preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Project.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, business partners, consultants and government officials.
Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, lift, walk, move and/or carry equipment in excess of 20 pounds. Must have finger dexterity to operate computer keyboard and calculator.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.