Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for investigating various components of due diligence analysis.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform a lead role in the financial analysis inherent to quarterly and annual Division Business Plans summarizing actual and projected financial performance for the Division and each Division asset
- Prepare gross revenues, profit margins, sources and uses of funds and related distribution projections, cash flow forecasts, break-even analysis, cost-basis and cost-of-sales analysis, return-on-assets, and internal rate of return
- Assist in financial feasibility analysis for each of the Division’s acquisitions opportunities
- Prepare underwriting proformas and related financial documentation for each asset acquired by Division
- Perform asset sales pricing analysis (e.g., residual value analysis) and formulate/analyze financial deal points for each of the Division’s disposition opportunities
- Recommend price/profit participation structures, price escalations/option payment schedules, interest rates, etc.
- Implement and maintain a computerized financial proforma model for community planning (versus formal accounting and reporting) purposes.
- In close cooperation with other management associates, “game” alternative business planning scenarios leading to a recommended “optimum” financial plan
- Perform liaisons role with our Corporate Finance “customers” to ensure that the Division is adhering to all financial strategies and related procedures and is providing financial analysis data in a manner that ensures easy use
- Maintain market analysis database for use in project feasibility analysis
- Understand competitive market by visiting sites as required and collate and analyze competitive pricing, features, costs, etc.
- Assist in Greenfolder process by preparation of vestacalcs, and other charts, graphs and reports as required
- Formulate budgets for assigned programs/projects and administer related vendor contracts, change orders, check requests and invoices. Prepare and periodically update annual objectives, budges, and scheduled
- Assist with and manage development contracts, proposals and other documents required for vendors regarding due diligence.
- Development/Entitlement budgeting.
- Research approvals/permits, zoning, engineering plans, improvement estimates, off-site component/contribution, and building costs
- Review and prepare market information
- Assist in preparation of due diligence reports
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years experience in land development
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record
- Computer expertise, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, project scheduling and data management software
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to collaborate and work in team setting
- Must be detail oriented, through and precise.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.