Summary of Position:
Land Coordinator reports to Land Development Area Manager. The Land Coordinator works closely with Project Managers, Department of Real Estate processing, coding and processing invoices, budgets, City and County contact, various consultant coordination, processing of various plans and obtaining City or County approvals.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support for Division Environmental Managers to
- Prepare response letters
- Assemble SWPPP documents
- Organize SWPPP mapping and stabilization logs
- Manage the creation and monitoring of wetland mitigation areas
- Manage the establishment of conservation areas
- Fill out new community fact sheets for website
- Provide files to marketing team for updating website mapping
- Support Entitlement team
- Preparation of application materials
- Attend City meetings as directed
- Review and research City codes for potential acquisition opportunities
- Maintain database of City development and permit fees
- Support for Development Team
- Attend Pre-construction meetings as directed
- Review of plans
- Assist in special projects as directed, i.e. raingardens, community gardens, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of materials for corporate approvals
- Tracking and following up on Letters of Credit releases and reductions
- Pay request processing; assembling paperwork and backup for signatures
- Tabulation of bids for analysis
- Assembly of Contract Documents and routing for signatures
- Maintaining Access Database
- Assembly of budget revisions and relevant back-up information
- Maintain a file system for land files and contracts
- Coordination and tracking of Architectural committee reviews.
- Maintain progress tracking spreadsheets for entitlement, development, and acquisition
- Provide administrative support to the land team as needed
- Assist in hiring of open space mowing and snow removal for common areas
- Assist in the hiring of management companies
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma (College or Business school desirable)
- 4-5 years as Administrative Assistant
- 2 years in home-building related experience
- Familiar with Real Estate
- Typing 60-70 words per minute
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and math skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent the company in a positive manner
- Skilled in Word for Windows and Excel, JD Edwards systems experience preferred
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle
- Team Player
Position requires attendance at meetings outside division office and trips to models/communities. Position requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
Regular contact with executives and division personnel furnishing or obtaining information. Frequent external contacts where the matters discussed require some resourcefulness, patience and clarity. Constant contacts with subcontractors, consultants, field personnel and governmental agencies.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.