Summary of Position Requirements
Responsible for managing all activities involved with creating and maintaining material take-offs.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Estimate materials for new plans.
- Create and maintain accurate material take-offs.
- Monitor material usage in the field for overages/shortages to update/correct material take-offs.
- Record and analyze take-off data through Microsoft Excel.
- Assist Division team with plan value engineering.
- Maintain Division’s insurance compliance.
- Update/Correct purchase order issues.
- Complete required forms by the Regional Operations Center (ROC).
- Maintain vendor files and contracts.
- Prepare bid requests for new/existing plans.
- Assist in evaluating new bid proposals.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required
- Minimum 2 years experience in purchasing and estimating required
- Ability to read and understand residential blue prints.
- Efficient with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, JD Edwards, and other software systems.
- Knowledge of all construction practices nation-wide.
- Ability to perform several tasks efficiently under tight deadlines.
- Detail oriented, energetic, and hard-working personality.
- Valid Driver’s License with good driving record
- Valid Auto Insurance Coverage
Daily interaction with various division personnel, outside agencies, business partners, and consultants.
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move, and carry office supplies weighing twenty-five (25) pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator, and telephone equipment. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.