Opportunity awaits at Lennar for a Purchasing Manager!
Lennar, one of America’s leading homebuilders, is currently seeking a Purchasing Manager who is motivated, organized, a self-starter with a strong purchasing background. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for developing, negotiating, and executing division sourcing agreements for specific spend categories.
If you want to work for a great Company with advancement opportunities, please apply today!!
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure Lennar has only the best subcontractors in order to meet its manufacturing needs.
- Ensure Lennar’s subcontractors are continuously improving in the areas of quality, cost, service and delivery performance.
- Understand the material supply chains of specific spend categories, and implement material sourcing strategies to optimize the flow through the chain.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the industry for the specific major category being sourced.
- Facilitate value engineering sessions with subcontractors and associates from division customers.
- Proactively communicate with all applicable associates within division customers.
- Benchmark industry sourcing and supply management best practices.
- Develop, maintain and use should-cost models for specific spend categories and related construction services.
- Own the responsibility for improving the division’s cost per sq foot for their specified spend categories.
- Negotiate and question pricing and legitimacy of EPO’s.
- Review all extra EPO’s to verify within accordance of approved take-offs, scopes of work, proper reason codes utilized, and work with Expeditor to resolve issues as they arise.
- Identify areas and trends in extra EPO’s to prevent and to reduce costs.
- Rationalize the subcontractor base to the best of the best.
- Ensure continuity of supply and labor to the division’s communities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have superior influencing skills.
- Must have superior analytical and communication skills.
- Must have significant knowledge of the residential homebuilding industry.
- Must have an undergraduate degree or significant demonstration of business knowledge
- Must have > 3 years sourcing and managing Supplier/Trade Partner relationships.
- Must have sound financial management knowledge.
- Must have sound project management capabilities.
- Must be able to build and use should-cost models.
- Must have sound negotiating skills.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.