Summary of Position Requirements:
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for managing assigned area’s sales performance, margin enhancement efforts and assembling a best-in-class sales team. Responsibilities include staffing, training and motivating the sales team and working closely with the division's operating team to ensure that goals are met in a timely manner. This role is a great opportunity for a new home sales manager with a proven track record to join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected homebuilders.
Summary of Position Requirements:
- Assists the Director of Sales in all sales related items as well as in the acquisition feasibility study.
- Helps to implement sales goals and training programs as needed to meet Division goals.
- Responsible for controlling incentive costs to preserve margins.
- Responsible to ensure that all New Home Consultants coordinate regularly with other field and office associates to insure timely closings and satisfied homeowners.
- Responsible for assisting the Closing Coordinator with tracking closings and issuance of weekly, monthly and quarterly sales reports.
- Responsible for coordinating regular shopping of New Home Consultants and implementation of necessary improvement programs.
- Reviews and monitors New Home Consultant’s paperwork to insure accuracy and compliance with all Lennar guidelines and state regulations.
- Coordinates as needed with other department associates regarding escrow process, construction schedules, model maintenance, customer care and homeowner scheduling of events.
- Assists with input regarding advertising, and promotional needs.
- Monitors market trends and competition.
- Assists in all point-of-sale disclosures, legal documentation and contractual paperwork.
- Assist in planning and coordinating Division Phone Banks and special sales functions.
- Attend all special promotional events for Communities.
- Coaches sales employees via instruction, role-playing and interactive discussion, both informally and formally using the Company’s established performance appraisal processes.
- Proactively monitors and engages poor performers to develop weaker areas and, if necessary, moves people out when performance does not improve.
- Address sales associate personnel issues, including disciplinary actions, with Human Resources.
- Recognizes top performers and leverages strengths in a strategic fashion to promote positivity and encourage constructive behaviors.
- Lead and/or participate in all sales, marketing review and mortgage status meetings.
- Problem solve all escrow and closing issues between all parties, i.e. Closing Coordinator, New Home Consultants, Realtors escrow companies, lenders, title companies, Sales Coordinator, customers and/or homeowners along with any other Division Associates.
- Prepares model home budgets and coordinates timely opening of model complex.
- Assists in the evolution of home plans for new product development.
- Assists in the development of standard features and amenities of new product development.
- Actively monitors potential future sales personnel hires by visiting competitors’ sales offices on a periodic basis, formally tracking high-potential candidates and engaging candidates when openings arise.
- Interviews and hires sales representatives and sales assistants to produce best-in-class sales force.
- Ensures job expectations and periodic performance goals are clearly understood by each individual team member.
- Participates in the preparation and leading of sales meetings and formalized trainings.
- Visits competitor communities to gather market data and intelligence (e.g. pricing, product specifications, release and sales information, incentives, lot premiums, options, etc.) and provides summary reports to management. #LI-ML1
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree preferred.
- 5–7 years in residential sales, sales management and/or real estate or management related industries.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written, as well as strong organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in associate, public relations, and homeowners.
- Possess and exercise mature judgment. Must be resourceful and present a professional public image.
- Must have ability to meet deadlines while maintaining a professional attitude.
- Strong work ethic; loyal; trustworthy; and being a Team Player is a must.
- Advanced computer applications, specifically Microsoft Office and CRM on Demand (Siebel) or other stand-alone sales support system.
- Valid Driver’s license
- Requires resourcefulness, patience and clarity.
- Strong Management and motivational skills.
- Diplomacy and good public presence.
This is primarily a field position requiring driving. Must be able to operate a motor vehicle. Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 50 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard and telephone equipment. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone messages.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.