Opportunity awaits at Lennar for a Division Environmental Manager to cover all of our Chicago communities as well as NW Indiana!
Lennar, one of America’s leading homebuilders, is currently seeking an experienced Division Environmental Manager who is motivated, organized, a self-starter with a strong construction background, good communication skills and the leadership skills to handle the ongoing preparation, coordination and monitoring of Storm Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP), air quality compliance programs and injury and illness prevention programs. Responsible for coordinating program training and orientation for filed associates and monitor and evaluate compliance with corporate policy. If you want to work for a great Company with advancement opportunities, please apply today!!
As a Division Environmental Manager, you will be expected to perform the following functions:
- Coordinate and assemble information required to prepare new SWPPP with assistance of community team members and for use in community
- Coordinate and document SWPPP, air quality management and Health and Safety training
- Assist in preparation and documentation of amendments to SWPPP throughout the course of construction
- Prepare and process Notice of Intent, Notice of Termination and Notice of Change for each project
- Interact with Regional Environmental Manager on issues relating to our storm water systems
- Ensure documentation of SWPPP related site inspections, corrective actions needed and corrective actions taken
- Strive to reduce threats to health and safety, liability of regulatory notices of violation and subsequent future litigation, penalties and fines
Requirements for the Division Environmental Manager
- Associates degree in construction technology, environmental management/engineering, industrial hygiene or a related field
- Knowledge of laws and regulations relating to SWPPP's, storm water run off, air quality and health and safety
- Excellent writing and computer skills
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Valid state drivers license
- Ability to work in excess of eight hours per day, if required, in confined quarters of construction trailer or office
- Extended periods of walking, standing, climbing, stooping, etc during repairs and walk through of homes
- Work with construction tools and lift up to 50lbs to accomplish repairs
- Office work requires sitting while monitoring paperwork, receiving/returning phone messages and following up with field personnel
- Occassional air travel and overnight stays may be required
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.