Opportunity awaits at Lennar for an Assistant Controller!
Lennar, one of America’s leading homebuilders, is currently seeking an analytical professional with a background in accounting and finance to join our division team as Assistant Controller. You should have the ability to work independently in a dynamic environment and possess a thorough knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and practices. If you are an ambitious and decisive team player with a solid understanding of the financial and reporting requirements of a fortune 500 multi-billion dollar business, please apply today!!
As Assistant Controller You will be expected to perform professional accounting functions exercising independent judgment, and communicate results to management. In addition, You will be expected to:
- Supervise, coordinate, and prepare month-end activities and corporate books.
- Assist Division Controller in monthly analysis and internal reporting of division financial statements.
- Review and prepare general ledger account reconciliations.
- Assist internal and external auditors as needed.
- Assist Division Controller in preparation and review of annual budget.
- Assist Division Controller in assessing staffing requirements and improving processes within the Accounting Department.
- Handle other duties and special projects as assigned. #LI-ML1
Requirements for Assistant Controller
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required, CPA preferred
- 5+ years minimum related accounting and financial experience, real estate or homebuilding experience preferred
- Advanced computer skills – Microsoft Word and Excel, including the use of Hyperion, EssBase and JD Edwards
- Excellent attention to detail
- Professionally perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent communication, analytical and writing skills as well as supervisory skills
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.