Supervise and manage forward planning personnel to effectively execute community design, approvals, permitting and site development. Manage special projects as required of the company or department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage and supervise Forward Planning Department personnel including Project Managers, Assistant Project Manager, and Project Coordinators.
- Strategize the hiring of consultant team members to orchestrate execution of community design including Landscape Architects, Civil Engineers, Soil Engineers, Environmental Scientists and other professionals.
- Monitor and assist department personnel on the design and approval of communities on schedule and within budget.
- Work closely with the Operations Department on global land development issues.
- Coordinate with Sales and Marketing on global issues.
- Monitor consistency with legal documentation to incorporate the Homeowner Association, resolve site specific constraints and determine sales disclosures.
- Ensure timely coordination and achievement of BRE approvals.
- Represent Company on certain Homeowner’s Association Board of Directors.
- Monitor and assist department personnel for Land Development Budgets and budget cost control. Assist with value engineering efforts for site construction and vertical budgets.
- Review planning and site development schedules, mitigate challenges, and discover opportunities for improvement.
- Assist project managers with solving complex issues and/or take on special tasks as needed.
- Assist with community development bonding and bond releases.
- Ensure compliance with conditions of maps and occupancy.
- Represent the Company at City Council meetings and Planning Commission meetings.
- Manage special projects upon request of the V.P. of Forward Planning and/or Division President. Such projects may include preparing summary reports, analyses, workflow analysis, and schedules related to Company and Department initiatives.
- Assist with the Company’s Legal Department with legal matters, as required.
- Pursue productivity improvement measures within the Department and Company.
- Promote Department training and education including lunch-and-learns, site visits, mentorship, and other initiatives.
- Lead, develop and mentor less experienced team members.
- On an as-needed basis, provide analysis for the acquisition of land relative to environmental issues, title, infrastructure needs, political climate, construction timing, costs and site feasibility - support feasibility analysis process.
- Make recommendations to the V.P. of Forward Planning as requested for new community schedules, budgets, risk or other due diligence review items.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) – seven (7) years related experience, including relevant homebuilding experience
- Bachelor of Arts degree in Real Estate or Planning
- Advanced PC skills, including use of Excel
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
- Must be a trustworthy team player with strong work ethic and loyalty
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Unrestricted Motor Vehicle license required
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and implement company policies and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team Player
Requires the ability to work in excess of eight (8) hours per day, operate a motor vehicle, read plans and be in reasonable physical condition due to field reconnaissance. Ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard or calculator.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.