SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Responsible for assisting the Assistant Controller in all financial reporting and accounting related services required of corporate accounting #LI-JS1
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reconciles and analyzes various company General Ledgers. Insures appropriateness and correctness of entries. Contacts division personnel as necessary to obtain required information.
- Prepares or updates spreadsheets (allocations, monthly credit line submittals, etc.).
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial consolidation and supporting schedules.
- Prepare audit and tax schedules/returns.
- Prepare and input journal entries.
- Assist in preparation and/or review of monthly variances job cost reports.
- Profit Projections.
- Analyze Gross Profit Margins.
- Analysis of variances (actual to budget on P/L).
- Performs all duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Two (2) – three (3) years public accounting experience preferred
- Accounting degree preferred, CPA preferred
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong PC skills, including Excel
- Strong analytical skills
- Oral and written communication skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
- Detail oriented
- Interact well with co-workers
- Comply with and implement company policies and procedures
- Strong work ethic
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position, which requires the ability occasionally to bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, a calculator, and telephone equipment.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.