Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting department, including corporate reporting requirements and management reporting. Assist in all external reporting, including financial institutions, taxing authorities, owners, and regulatory agencies. #LI-JS1
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for meeting the timeliness in the monthly financial closing schedule.
- Prepare accurate and timely monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages including joint ventures.
- Review and ensure the proper recording, maintenance and update of all job cost budget revisions.
- Prepare community and division level variance analysis, including cost/volume/profit relationships.
- Assist in the preparation of financing requests of prospective and active communities.
- Provide help in the preparation of sales price releases of active communities.
- Give assistance in the preparation of sales price releases of active communities.
- Aid in the preparation of annual business plans and periodic updates as well as long-term planning (forecasts).
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Seven (7) years minimum accounting/finance experience
- Bachelor of Science degree with emphasis in accounting and finance
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting with the emphasis on job costing, and a background in income tax and real estate law
- A background in real estate development is preferable
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office
- Good language skills, both written and oral
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proficiency with various computer hardware, software and accounting systems that are used in the real estate industry. JDEdwards accounting system experience desirable
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.