Responsible for training and reviewing the work of Contract Administrators. Provides administrative support to Purchasing Manager as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) years administrative experience, Two (2) years management experience; homebuilding experience a plus
- High school diploma or GED required; college preferred
- Typing 50-80 wpm
- Proficient at Microsoft Word and Excel
- Strong grammatical and spelling proficiency and written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail with ability to identify problems and make accurate decisions
- Must possess professional attitude to represent company in a positive manner
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive criticism
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Seven (7) – nine (9) years minimum experience in community entitlement and homebuilding process, some public agency experience preferred
- Homebuilding and land development experience with exposure in the city of Los Angeles and San Diego and dealing with county of Los Angeles and county of San Diego preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum, in the field of construction management, urban design, business, engineering or related course study or equivalent years of experience
- Valid driver’s license
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, Word, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines concurrently
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.