ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER POSITION SUMMARY:
The Assistant Project Manager reports directly to the Project Manager or higher position and generally assists in the day-to-day management of project-specific land development items from planning through the completion of construction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in management control functions including cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, cash flow projections, activity/program scheduling and monitoring compliance and obligations of tract map conditions, exactions and bond exoneration processing
- Under direction of the Project Manager, administer multi-disciplinary consulting teams in preparation and processing of land use documents and related infrastructure design/improvement plans
- Assist with submittal preparation for project approval through City or County Agencies (e.g. zoning, design review/CUP, civil and soils engineering, tentative tract map and final map approval)
- Assist in land acquisition coordination of due diligence documentation, coordination and design review functions to insure continuity from planning through completion
- Assist in the preparation, processing and obtaining approval of various aspects of architectural plans, landscape plans, D.R.E. operating budgets, CC&R’s, sales disclosures and exhibits, condominium plans, contracts, change orders, check requests and invoices as necessary
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Three (3) - five (5) years’ work experience with two (2) years minimum experience in community development, redevelopment, economic development and/or housing with a public agency, private company or non-profit development corporation preferred
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred or currently in the field of Urban Design, Planning, Real Estate, Business, Construction Management, or related course study
- Valid driver’s license required
- Advanced PC skills, including use of Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred
- Excellent analytical ability and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.