PROJECT ENGINEER POSITION SUMMARY:
Supports day to day activities of construction managers assigned to specific community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write RFIs per direction of Construction Manager
- Track incoming/outgoing RFIs & submittals and keep spreadsheets updated
- Package submittals and email to architect/engineers and consultants
- Distribute RFI and submittal responses to the trade partners
- Follow up with the design team for RFIs and submittal completion
- Create PDFs each week with current RFI & submittal log to distribute to trade partners
- Integrate RFI responses and ASIs into the plans (physically printing & taping in plans/in combined PDF)
- Request/schedule inspection dates/times and update the white board
- Keep meeting minutes and distribute to the trade partners
- Enter purchase orders for management approval
- Prioritize and process email requesting payment status
- Track scopes of work
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) years experience in construction administration (either from architecture/engineering or construction side) required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Good writing and communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office Suite (e.g. Excel, Word, etc.)
- Excellent analytical and writing capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills is critical
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player with a strong work ethic
Requires the ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day in confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.