Directs day to day activities of Construction Managers assigned to specific communities; regularly monitors and balances workloads among these personnel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Uphold standards, specifications, and uniform project control procedures developed by senior management to promote Zero Defect Closing policy, efficient and effective planning and control of all projects
- Participate as a member of project planning design team to provide construction expertise to senior management
- Prepare construction schedules, build pro templates, and monitor on a weekly basis for accuracy and timeliness
- Provide weekly reports of progress, trade partner meetings, agency contacts, problem resolution, safety meetings, SWPPP management and other reports for efficient project management and control
- Conduct monthly Construction Manager Meetings to increase awareness and promote division goals
- Implement regular training programs for field personnel to foster increased knowledge and growth opportunities
- Coordinate and cooperate with Site Development, Purchasing and Project Managers to design and implement procedures for efficient project planning and trade partner performance standards to achieve division goals
- Coordinate and cooperate with Director of Customer Service to establish and promote a total quality management program and Zero Defect Closings
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ten (10) years minimum experience as a Construction Manager or Project Manager
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- High degree of construction knowledge
- Good writing and communication skills
- Ability to motivate and direct workers
- Accepts constructive feedback
- Team player with a strong work ethic
Requires the ability to work in excess of 8 hours per day in a confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.