Responsible for contracts and/or insurance administration. Perform clerical duties and administrative support for department
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Set up and maintain all contract and log files.
- Initiate all paperwork regarding contracts, change orders, and purchase orders, back charges and one line contracts, and checking all for accuracy (i.e., coding, signature, amounts, etc.)
- Prepare and update “Scope of Work” formats. Process work authorization.
- Prepare contracts for each trade and follow-up on finalizing.
- Respond to field request for contract information.
- Provide information for trade partners’ insurance certificates.
- Interface with the Accounting Department to ensure prompt payment for trade partners.
- Process EBRF’s; update and distribute sub lists and do product filing.
- Input and maintain contract documents in JD Edwards.
- Interface with trade partners regarding all contract correspondence.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Three (3) years administrative experience, preferably with a homebuilder
- High school diploma or GED required
- Typing 50-80 wpm
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- Strong grammatical and spelling proficiency and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze problems and make accurate decisions
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Valid driver’s license
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office supplies and materials weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity required to operate a computer keyboard, calculator and telephone equipment. May operate a motor vehicle.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.