Responsible for supervising the installation of community site improvements including grading, wet utilities, streets, landscaping, walls and amenities. Position is the primary field contact for the management of site development trade partner contracts and is responsible for maintaining and achieving site development schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with the planning staff on developing project plans and address objections in the most cost effective manner
- Coordinate improvement plans with a Civil Engineer from tentative map stage through final map approval. The same coordination with the Landscape Architect, Soil Engineer and Joint Trench Consultants in the development and final approval of the plans. Establish storm water management programs for individual projects
- Develop land cost budgets in conjunction with Civil, Soil, Landscape and Joint Trench Consultants. Develop and maintain computer database
- Prepare and distribute plans and specifications for bid purposes/bid out all aspects of land development
- Review bids to see that specifications, budget requirements and trade partners’ qualifications are met to the level of quality that the company expects
- Review and select the trade partner bids with department head. The contract is then written for the particular job
- Coordinate and establish job schedules for development, and trade partners. Maintain and manage development production schedule
- Perform on-site inspection of the various trade partners’ work to insure that the level of quality is being complied with. Also perform on-site inspections for final acceptance by the company, such as landscaping that is being turned over to Homeowner Associations
- Work with the Governmental Agencies in obtaining subdivision acceptance and coordinating the required corrective work to obtain final acceptance and bond release
- Coordinate and cooperate with all department managers involved to develop, design and implement procedures for efficient project planning and trade partner performance standards to achieve division goals
- Coordinate and cooperate with the customer service managers to establish and promote a total quality management program to achieve division goals
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Five (5) years minimum experience and knowledge in land development
- High school diploma or GED required
- Experience preferable as a Construction Manager or Project Manager
- Valid driver’s license
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.)
- Strong background in financial budgets
- Good writing skills and detail oriented
- Hard working and self-motivated to greatly improve the operational quality and efficiency of the organization
- Ability to think critically and creatively solve offsite construction conflicts before and during the course of construction
- Ability to manage multiple construction sites with varying scopes simultaneously
- Work hand in hand with the Vertical Construction Managers to coordinate various trades, minimize conflicts, and maximize efficiency
- This opportunity will require automobile travel throughout the LA, Orange and San Diego Counties
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player with strong work ethics
This is primarily a sedentary office position which requires the ability to occasionally bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and carry office materials and supplies weighing 25 pounds or less. Finger dexterity is required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator. May be required to operate a motor vehicle to attend meetings on and off the construction sites.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.