Interfaces with homebuyer and trade partners to perform final orientations and diagnose, schedule and complete warranty service work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Pre-walk homesites to provide punchlist for construction to delivery of home to customer; provide quality control of finished product
- Conduct homeowner walk-throughs, acquainting homeowner with operation of appliances, heating/cooling systems, maintenance of home, etc
- Coordinate with the Construction Department staff and trade partners in the completion of walk-through repairs within 5 days
- Schedule and supervise trade partners’ repairs in homes after delivery to homeowner
- Schedule inspections with homeowners, assess routine warranty claims and follow through to completion all service requests within 7 days
- Provide accurate and timely information to Customer Care Manager on progress and scopes of work
- Maintain positive homeowner relations, provide homeowner with knowledgeable, timely and professional service
- Evaluate trade partner and product performance. Provide on going information to Customer Service Manager as it relates to quality of workmanship and materials
- Work with Customer Service Manager on special projects as needed
- Participate and attend department meetings
- Keep accurate service request logs and documentation of all work performed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Four (4) years residential, customer care or construction field
- High school diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license
- Maintain regular attendance and punctuality relative to daily work schedule is required
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to deal effectively with confrontational situations and maintain objectivity in public relations
- Detail oriented, works well under pressure, capable of handling multiple tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Understand and follow work rules and procedures
- Accept constructive feedback
- Team player
Requires the ability to work eight hours per day in the confined quarters of a construction trailer, the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read Plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, occasionally operate construction equipment. Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.