Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
CalAtlantic Mortgage is currently searching for a Loan Processor to join our Mortgage office in Charlotte, NC, where they will be working closely with CalAtlantic Homes' buyers in the regional operations center.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Analyze loan conditions for conventional and government loan programs to ensure compliance with investor specifications.
- Analyze Automated Underwriting System responses to ensure compliance with investor requirements.
- Read and understand loan program-specific requirements as they relate to processing.
- Send loan approvals and complete welcome calls to the borrower within 48 hours of receipt.
- Process from approval (i.e., collect applicable conditions within 45 days of approval).
- Order and review appraisals at least 45 days prior to closing.
- Review files for credit supplement requirements.
- Prepare loans for closing about 7 days prior to sign date.
- Work with branch and Operation Center Loan Officers to ensure loans close on schedule.
- Ensure correct documentation per investor requirements.
- Ensure conditions have been met.
- Analyze loan conditions to protect against loan fraud.
- Contact customers as needed, from loan origination through closing.
- Respond to customer questions within 24 hours of receipt.
- Provide exceptional customer service to ensure loans close with CalAtlantic Mortgage.
- Respond to branch questions and loan status calls within 24 hours of receipt.
- Sign off on individual loan conditions in the loan origination system as they are obtained.
- Keep Notepad notes up-to-date in the system.
- Prepare loan files for loan program changes for submission to underwriting.
- Maintain the pipeline.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation at all times.
- Communicate loan status to all designated parties on a regular basis.
- Communicate effectively and timely with all homebuilding divisional staff including the Sales Counselors and Closing Coordinators.
- Access and maintain a thorough working knowledge of all technology.
- Maintain a thorough working knowledge of CalAtlantic’s loan origination system.
- Maintain an understanding of FHA, VA and conventional guidelines.
- Assist with all other special tasks and projects as directed by management.
- Be familiar with and at all times comply with the Company’s Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, the Company’s Employee Handbook and all other Company policies and procedures, as each may be in effect from time to time.
- Conduct all activities in conformity with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations applicable to the Company and the mortgage operation’s loan products.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- High-school education.
- 2-3 years processing experience, preferably within a builder environment, conventional and government loans.
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems (i.e., LOS, MS Office).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Evidence of organizational skills.
- Proven follow-up skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to manage a high volume workload.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
Strong analytical skills.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.