Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
CalAtlantic Mortgage is currently searching for a Loan Closer to join our Regional Operations Center in Charlotte, NC, where they will be working closely with the branches located in the East. The qualified candidate will prepare loan documents with accuracy and detail to the investor's specifications in order to close loans in a timely manner.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work closely with processor, CalAtlantic Title and CalAtlantic Homes to verify the accuracy of closing documents and to ensure timely closings;
- Prepare, review and transmit closing documents within 48 hours of receipt of loan files;
- Collect all outstanding loan conditions and closing conditions;
- Fund loans upon completion of loan conditions;
- Analyze Disclosure Settlement statements (formerly the HUD-1) for accuracy;
- Ensure documents are transmitted to title companies, as needed;
- Ensure compliance with all investor and underwriting requirements;
- Maintain effective communication with all parties;
- Respond to questions and funding calls in a timely manner;
- Maintain an accurate monthly balancing and closing;
- Transmit daily wires as necessary;
- Communicate with attorneys as necessary.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- High school education or equivalent; some college preferred.
- 1-2 years of industry experience to include closing, post closing, processing.
- Strong computer skills (Encompass preferred).
- Understanding of state specific guidelines.
- Ability to manage heavy workloads.
- Strong, proven customer service skills.
- Great attention to detail and demonstrated ability to ensure accuracy.
- Follow up and organizational skills.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.