Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Accounts Payable Coordinator is responsible for processing construction, development and overhead related invoices relating to multiple divisions and states. Collaboratively works with all departments and trade partners to ensure appropriate payment and response to internal and external inquires.
- Verifies that invoices, check requests and expense reports have the correct GL account number coding and approvals.
- Assigns GL account coding to invoices that do not come from another internal division/department/manager and obtains proper backup and approval.
- Researches prior/past due balances noted on invoices to determine if prior balances have been paid or not. If not yet paid, contacts appropriate parties to ensure backup is obtained and put through normal review and approval process to ensure outstanding balances are resolved appropriately and timely.
- Verifies construction and development invoices include appropriate lien releases, amounts billed agree to committing documents and the work has been approved by the appropriate construction manager.
- Tracks preliminary lien notifications.
- Matches check stubs with invoices; verifies amounts and ensures remittance addresses match/are correct.
- Timely distributes and mails checks.
- Maintains all accounts payable files, including weekly filing of paid invoices.
- Answers accounts payable phone inquiries and follows up within 24 hours.
- Researches and resolves accounts payable discrepancies, questions and issues to ensure prompt and appropriate payment to vendors/subcontractors.
- Pro-actively provides support to senior staff and management regarding establishment, periodic evaluation and refinement of accounts payable policies and procedures.
- General clerical duties as related to job responsibilities (data entry, collating, photo copying, filing, etc.).
- Verifies that subcontractor and vendor Certificates of Insurance are valid/up to date.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- General understanding of accounts payable functions.
- Heavy data entry, including 10-key by touch.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills.
- Familiarity with JD Edwards or other similar operating system platform.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent with at least 2 years previous relevant experience.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.