Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Area Sales Manager is responsible for managing assigned area’s sales performance, margin enhancement efforts and assembling a best-in-class sales team. Responsibilities include staffing, training and motivating the sales team and working closely with the division's operating team to ensure that goals are met in a timely manner. This role is a great opportunity for a new home sales manager with a proven track record to join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected homebuilders.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Actively monitors potential future sales personnel hires by visiting competitors’ sales offices on a periodic basis, formally tracking high-potential candidates and engaging candidates when openings arise
- Interviews and hires sales representatives and sales assistants to produce best-in-class sales force
- Ensures job expectations and periodic performance goals are clearly understood by each individual team member
- Co-preps and co-leads sales meetings and formalized trainings
- Owns the CRM process and ensures engagement of sales team with use of the program
- Evaluates each member of the sales team as they prepare/maintain sales office environment and model homes, interact with prospective buyers, describe the unique customer value proposition, and enter/track information in CRM in an effort to identify areas for improvement where coaching is appropriate
- Coaches sales employees via instruction, role playing and interactive discussion, both informally and formally using the Company’s established performance appraisal processes
- Recognizes top performers and leverages strengths in a strategic fashion to promote positivity and encourage constructive behaviors
- Proactively monitors and engages poor performers to develop weaker areas and, if necessary, moves people out when performance does not improve
- Visits competitor communities to gather market data and intelligence (e.g. pricing, product specifications, release and sales information, incentives, lot premiums, options, etc.) and provides summary reports to management
- Solicits and summarizes input from community sales team members regarding customer preferences (product, location, community, builder), traffic patterns and quality of traffic, and any other information requested or that may be helpful to management
- Works collaboratively with individual community sales representatives and division management to determine sales forecasts and closing schedules
Work with sales counselor and division leadership to create and carry out a strategic marketing plan for each community
- Work collaboratively with sales counselors to develop and maintain positive relationships with the realtor community
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Knowledge and experience of new home sales, escrow, lending and sales training
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to coach both high and low performers in a structured and motivational fashion; comfortable role-playing
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- College degree preferred
- Real Estate Broker License preferred
- 2 to 3 years experience working in the homebuilding industry in a similar role strongly preferred.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.