Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Financial Analyst participates in a broad spectrum of accounting functions, including general ledger activities, journal entry processing, and internal financial reporting. #LI-JS1
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Reviews lot cost detail reports for closed homes, backlog, and specs;
- Prepares and distributes monthly management reports;
- Holds development budget meetings, updates land development budgets, reviews compliance with bids;
- Updates margin analysis and provides construction cost variance explanations;
- Prepares financial management reports (income statement, SG&A variances, warranty, indirect, FPO reports);
- Performs financial statement review including account reconciliations, SG&A variance explanations and Schedule 2;
- Reviews all margin notifications for accuracy, reruns them if changes are needed, and obtains Division Presidents’ approval;
- Performs quarterly reviews of Internal Controls.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Advanced proficiencies in Microsoft Excel and Power Point required;
- Bachelor (4 year) Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred;
- Minimum of 2 years of professional accounting experience in the public and/or private field.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.