Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
Directs all aspects of new subdivision entitlement, design & development from preliminary plat to turnover of finished lots for homebuilding operations to ensure that new communities are opened on time and on budget.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develops positive, teamwork and achievement-oriented culture with staff, consultants, and general contractors;
- Ensures that land development policies, internal control procedures and practices are well understood and complied with by internal staff, consultants and contractors;
- Collaborates with Land Acquisition team to determine cost estimates, lot count, development timing and risk assessment during feasibility analysis and due diligence phase;
- Responsible for the preparation of investigative reports and due diligence documents during the feasibility period;
- Attends entitlements meetings with the Land Acquisition team on an as needed basis to obtain municipal approvals;
- Coordinates with relevant staff and consultants to prepare land development budgets and construction schedules;
- Assists in the preparation of land acquisition underwriting packages;
- Monitors financial information on each phase of development, and continually reviews all accounting relative to land efforts;
- Schedules and conducts pre-construction meetings with trade partners, governmental agencies, utility consultants and internal staff;
- Oversees the activities of engineers, consultants, governmental officials
- Assists and coordinates with the relevant department heads) and consultants in obtaining final entitlements and permit approvals for projects;
- Participates in the initial land development bidding process to assure compliance with the land development budget
- Directly manage site specific land development on an as needed basis
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong project management, and budgeting skills;
- Familiarity with reading and understanding civil engineering plans – grading, utilities;
- Ability to oversee numerous professional consultants efficiently and effectively;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management or real estate preferred;
- Strong background in project planning;
- 4-5 years related experience in managing development of new communities.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.