Be a part of the CalAtlantic Group, where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our focus. Our culture is established from strong leadership and dynamic teams across the country driven to become the preferred builder of our customers. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new home industry..
We are actively searching for a Licensed Loan Officer to work in our Orlando, Florida branch. The qualified candidate will responsible for regularly meeting and exceeding set customer service goals by working with CalAtlantic Homes' borrowers to identify products appropriate for them and by originating conventional, FHA and VA loans for processing in a timely and efficient manner.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Contacting borrowers within 24-48 hours of receipt of their sales contract:
- Completion of loan application via the phone;
- Obtain necessary supporting documentation;
- Use appropriate automated underwriting system and submit loans to the underwriting dept;
- Ascertain any conditions;
- Analyze and validate supporting documentation;
- Maintain strong working knowledge of products as well as state guidelines;
- Lock rates;
- Maintain relationships with borrowers, CalAtlantic Homes' sales counselors, local branch manager, loan processors, underwriters and secondary marketing;
- Update pipeline comments weekly on unapproved loans;
- Position borrowers with CalAtlantic Mortgage's loan products which meet their financial needs and credit qualifications;
- Meet benchmarks as established by management;
- Pre-qualify borrowers as needed;
- Provide outstanding customer service throughout process.
4 year college degree or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum 2-3 years origination experience, preferably in a builder environment;
- Prior experience managing a large pipeline;
- Must be licensed in the State of Florida.
- Strong knowledge of conventional and government loan products;
- Strong knowledge of loan origination system (Encompass preferred);
- Compliant with state regulations to include applicable pre-licensing education, exams, continuing education and licenses;
- Quality focused;
- Strong overall computer skills;
- Proven customer service skills;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Strong analytical abilities;
- Ability to negotiate/persuade;
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to be on call periodically during weekends.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.