Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Construction Manager plans, supervises and coordinates all tasks in the homebuilding process, ensuring the project gets completed on time and within budget. Additional responsibilities include managing trade partners and ensuring quality control and safety.
This role is a great opportunity for a seasoned construction professional to join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected homebuilders.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Manages trade partners and consultants; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages contract adherence and provides input on subcontractor selection.
- Manages Assistant Construction Managers; provides training and feedback to foster their growth and advancement
- Manages safety for himself/herself; oversees CalAtlantic employees to ensure they work safely; evaluates safety violations and exercises judgment to take appropriate action
- Manages work against benchmarks and timetables to ensure that trade partners, employees and vendors perform on schedule and on budget
- Exercises discretion to plan and coordinate starts; modifies schedules in response to field conditions to achieve Company goals
- Manages the home-building process from permitting to home delivery and first-year warranty
- Uses sound judgment to implement CalAtlantic’s jobsite compliance programs and monitors subcontractor compliance with applicable regulations such as building codes, environmental laws, SWIPP, and health and safety programs
- Acts as CalAtlantic’s primary representative on the jobsite with third parties such as trade partners, customers and government inspectors and investigators
- Manages daily logistics of the site to ensure various contractors work harmoniously; stages the job by determining the timing and location of material deliveries, sequencing of work and option installation, and verifying prior work is completed to CalAltantic’s high standards prior to follow on work
- Communicates with sales, purchasing, homeowners, consultants, trades, building officials and customer care to successfully execute the homebuilding process.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of home construction.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans and soils reports.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of work.
- Expertise in BuildPro and Hyphen.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project.
- 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.