Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Land Acquisition Analyst facilitates and assists in the land acquisition function including research, financial and pricing analysis.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Coordinates and assists with feasibility and due diligence of new land projects and maintains market analysis database.
- Conducts research to assist in determining project timelines and schedules
- Conducts general research in selected jurisdictions to facilitate the identification of land opportunities
- Prepares time-to-market underwriting proformas
- Provides administrative support in land searches, market research, graphs and mapping.
- Assists with entitlement/zoning documents
- Assists in preparation of land books and updates LOI (Letters of Intent) tracker and schedules.
- Maintains and updates database on area land closings, and maps land closings and opportunities
- Collaborates with department heads/subject matter experts and recommends profit participation structures, pricing, option payment schedules, interest rates, etc.
- Creates and updates financial models for actual and projected project performance
- In close cooperation with management, simulates business planning scenarios leading to a recommended “optimum” plan
- Performs asset sales pricing analysis (e.g., residual value analysis) and formulates/analyzes financial deal points for potential disposition opportunities.
- Assists with title review and exceptions for properties under contract.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Assists with management and oversight of homeowners associations and related governing documents.
- Highly analytical with strong financial acumen
- Expertise in spreadsheet creation and analysis, project scheduling and data management software
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in Real Estate/Finance or equivalent, or 3-5 years of experience in homebuilding or related field.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.