Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Assistant Construction Manager will assist the Superintendent or Construction Manager in the supervision of the on-site construction of residential projects.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Assists in coordinating the performance of work among various trades and professionals involved
- Coordinates with trade foreman (or designated representative), building official(s), design professionals, and colleagues to assist all those involved in achieving performance
- Assists with the supervision of offsite and onsite construction operations
- Assists with scheduling and monitoring subcontractors construction of houses
- Informs and trains subcontractors regarding Company policies and procedures
- Assists with obtaining all required inspections that conform to master plan approvals
- Works as a team member with Sales, Purchasing, and New Home Warranty departments to ensure the quality of the total home buying experience and that the Company’s objectives are met
- Works to learn the entire building process (front and backend) with objective of being promoted to Construction Manager
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Strong knowledge of home construction.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints, off-site improvement plans and soils reports.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of work.
- Expertise in BuildPro and Hyphen.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project.
- 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.