Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
Build highly credible, respectful relationships with managers, colleagues and candidates, through clearly understanding company, department and manager specific strategies/goals/needs and executing creative and effective talent acquisition strategies/solutions. Create a competitive advantage around talent for the Company as a result. #LI-BR1
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Deliver the right talent in the right job at the right time;
- Partner with HR colleagues and hiring managers to determine core job requirements, qualifications and competencies in order to develop ideal candidate profiles for key jobs within the company;
- Assist individual hiring managers in the development and implementation of candidate selection criteria to be used for recruiting and screening processes;
- Proactively source passive and active candidates, creatively and cost effectively, for open and future positions, using a variety of available means including cold calls, internet, social media, advertising, internal/external referrals, applicant database, etc.;
- Create a strong talent pipeline of the company by continuously improving and maintaining the Company’s talent database, using applicant tracking system and other means;
- Review and select qualified resumes for candidate interviews, conduct first round interviews, discuss best candidates with hiring managers and schedule follow up interviews;
- Ensure a great candidate experience. Present a professional and positive image. Provide complete, accurate and inspiring information to candidates about the Company, its culture and positions. Sell the unique employee value proposition/employment brand;
- Conduct/manage candidate follow up activities, including reference investigations and background checks, pre-employment assessments and “next step” or “let down” discussions/activities;
- Collaborate with HR and management team members to prepare and present offer details and letters, including key discussion/talking points for managers;
- Collaborate with key members of corporate management to develop and communicate the Company’s unique employment brand/employee value proposition;
- Train and coach hiring managers. Develop, provide and implement guides, tools, tips, etc. related to job requisition, recruitment, interviews, candidate evaluation and ranking processes. Ensure tools are effectively used by managers at each stage of the recruitment process;
- Ensure compliance with all federal/state laws/regulations and Company policies and procedures;
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Recruitment and/or HR certification is highly desired;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience;
- 2 years of experience in recruiting or talent management highly desired;
- Demonstrated ability, skills, knowledge and talents to successfully manage the recruiting lifecycle from start to finish;
- Excellent oral, written, phone, listening and interpersonal skills;
- Experience creatively sourcing candidates, with little use of job boards or recruiting agencies;
- Familiarity and comfort with using a variety of recruiting sources including the cold/warm calling, internet, social media, referrals, events, networking, publications, industry groups/associations and job fairs;
- Highly developed interviewing skills and thorough knowledge of best practice hiring procedures and applicable state and federal employment laws. Knowledge of AA/EEO concepts and a commitment to diversity recruiting;
- Strong networking skills (demonstrated by existing network of reliable and highly credible contacts);
- Passionate about learning and selling the Company brand/culture;
- Ability to juggle heavy workloads subject to conflicting and changing priorities often with constant interruptions. Must be comfortable and effective working with ambiguity;
- Ability to maintain confidential information with absolute discretion.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.