Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Vice President of Finance is responsible for financial analysis and reporting, budgeting, profit planning and business forecasting, financial control systems, back office operational efficiency and cost accounting.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensures understanding and compliance with financial and accounting policies, internal control procedures and practices
- Supervises the annual business planning and quarterly project budget update process ensuring a high level of transparency and accuracy
- Works closely with Division President(s) and the Land Acquisition department in analyzing the viability and structure of potential deals and determining the direction of future project and product positioning
- Performs post acquisition project reviews comparing actual results with original underwriting to identify trends or gaps as well as areas of improvement for future deals
- Reviews, analyzes, and presents financial and nonfinancial submarket data to management as needed when reviewing existing communities or when considering new investments
- Provides analytical support to the management to improve homebuilding operations and to identify opportunities for cost savings
- Works closely with the Sales and Marketing department in establishing correct project level pricing model, including base prices, lot premiums, option pricing, and incentive promotions
- Works closely with the Sales and Construction departments in determining optimum production levels in each community as well as mapping production direction within a community
- Reviews the division financial reporting package and associated local management schedules
- Serves as local driver of process improvement efforts driven to standardized processes in all aspects of operations
- Ultimately responsible for coordination of back office operations including payroll & commissions, purchasing/architecture, construction coordination & sales & escrow coordination
- Oversees contract processing and closing function for the Division ensuring that all sales documents comply with local and corporate requirements, in addition to ensuring that all closings occur expediently at a high level of customer satisfaction
- Provides support and direction to the Corporate Accounting group in the preparation of division financial statements and disclosure
- Oversees internal control and other accounting/operational procedures within the Division
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engaged department
- Develops positive, teamwork and achievement-oriented work culture for staff
- Models and reinforces actions consistent with the Company’s values, vision and culture in line with the core leadership competencies.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Following Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting is required
- CPA or MBA with residential construction experience preferred
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Experience with JD Edwards accounting software (or similar accounting platform)
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Outlook and Access.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.