Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
Role is to manage all architectural matters for the division and act as liaison between the division, corporate office, architects and engineers. This role acts as an internal liaison between construction, purchasing, sales and corporate departments. This position shall lead and coordinate all matters in regards to design of new product, prototype walk through and plan changes.
Responsbilities will include:
- Manages trade partners and consultants; inspects work and approves payment for acceptable work and materials. Manages contract adherence and provides input on architectural and engineers performance.
- Manages architecture and engineering work against timetables and benchmarks to ensure that consultants and vendors perform on schedule and on budget.
- Manages plan development process from charette through final black line implementation to sales. Takes the lead on initial development. Monitors progress of design implementation. Advances and monitors progress of engineering applications to the documents. Submits documents to sales and marketing for review and implementation into the brochure process.
- Manages plan change process from initial request through to final reissuance of black line implementation to sales. Reviews plan change requests. Coordinates and manages the architects and engineers as necessary. Relays information to purchasing and sales as required and ensures final implementation onto the plans and marketing brochures.
- Manages and coordinates all internal parties and external consultants for prototype builds. Schedules the corporate parties along with the external consultants to ensure a walk through at an appropriate time of the build process. Schedules and coordinates with construction manager on changes. Ensures that the architect, engineer, purchasing department and marketing are all in possession of the most accurate plans and drawings.
- Coordinate and participate in development of new product programs
- Construction Administration
The ideal candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- Ability to use and understand relevant architectural software such as CADD and Buzz Saw.
- Strong knowledge of residential construction design and code.
- Ability to read understand and implement adjustments to architectural and structural blueprints.
- Knowledge of relevant building codes and all scopes of work.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Project.
- 4 years of relevant construction experience or education required.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.