Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative support to the purchasing function. This role requires coordinating with project personnel, preparing bid packages for vendors, tracking cost information, contract development, and managing materials lists for information systems.
This role is a great opportunity for a talented individual looking to grow a purchasing career in the homebuilding industry and join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected homebuilders.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Works collaboratively with field personnel, sales department, trade partners, manufacturers, and members of management/division team to ensure administrative assistance is delivered effectively out of the purchasing department
- Provides administrative assistance to Purchasing Agents and Purchasing Management
- Processes and monitors paperwork, including but not limited to contracts, amendments, purchase and change orders
- Sets up and maintains trade files by community, in accordance with the company’s records retention policies and procedures
- Sets up new projects, enters data and maintains purchasing information in JD Edwards
- Develops and maintains Excel spreadsheets for bid process, logs in bids and prepares files for Purchasing Agent review
- Prepares and distributes bid packages including plans, scopes of work, pertinent reports and option selections
- Distributes Letters of Intent and bid communications to trade contractors
- Sets up and maintains project options listings
- Generates periodic management reports, per schedule and upon request
- Researches invoice or purchase/change order issues and works collaboratively with members of accounting to resolve issues
- Schedules meetings & appointments, maintains work flow according to department requirements and performs other administrative functions as required.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Follow Qualifications:
- Strong customer service orientation
- Able to perform multiple, detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Excellent grammar, spelling, reading, writing and proof reading skills
- Knowledge of JD Edwards preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-2 years in purchasing or similar administrative role preferred.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.