- Management of option assortments to ensure they are responsive to consumer demand and up to date with market trends
- Review, maintain and report option margins as set by division
- Assemble and maintain option offering marketing material (SKU #’s, photos, supporting product details, etc). Ensuring option assortment is documented and presented to internal & external customers in an easily understandable and presentable format
- Work closely with the Purchasing Manager on long term planning, strategies, and ultimately supporting the execution of them
- Close working relationship with purchasing team throughout the execution of bids/contracting in JDE
- Strategy and execution of option setup, categorization, & naming methodology in JDE system, for both new communities and new assortments
- Manage special price requests for options outside of our predetermined offering
- Lead product knowledge training sessions for the Sales, Design & Construction teams
- Primary interface between our Sales & Design Gallery management teams
- Shopping competition and ensuring retail pricing is competitive and in-line with market
- Spend time in the field getting to know our communities, trade partners, and competition
- Interact with trade partners to solicit feedback regarding option offerings. Ensure samples and displays are current and accurately reflect our assortment
Candidates will need to meet the follow qualifications:
- Bachelor Degree in Merchandising, Finance, Supply Chain, or Construction (involvement in NAHB or residential focused competitions a plus)
- Advanced proficiency with Excel and a strong technological foundation
- MS Publisher proficiency
- J.D. Edwards (JDE) proficiency
- Experience in home building / construction or an understanding of the home building process. This would include being able to understand construction drawings.
- Strong analytical skills, the ability to disseminate data and utilize it to guide business decisions
- Understanding of revenue vs. cost and profit margins.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.