Be a part of CalAtlantic Group, Inc. where building the dream of home from coast to coast is our mission. Our culture is established from great leadership and dynamic teams across the country, driven to become the preferred builder of choice for customers, employees and shareholders. As the nation’s fourth largest residential homebuilder, CalAtlantic Homes proudly operates in 19 states serving 43 major markets. As a talented organization with a long proven history of success, CalAtlantic provides you the opportunity to join this outstanding team in the new homebuilding industry.
The Vice President of Operations leads all aspects of the division’s onsite and offsite construction and customer service operations. Acts as a strategic partner to Division President for execution of goals and initiatives related to construction and quality.
This role is a great opportunity for a seasoned construction professional to join one of the nation’s largest and most-respected homebuilders.
Responsibilities Will Include:
- Recruits, hires, evaluates, trains, develops and retains a productive and highly engaged construction/customer service department
- Oversees recruitment, selection, training and continuous evaluation of suppliers, trade partners and design professionals to ensure achievement of quality standards, scheduling deadlines and budgets. Ensures effective material usage and proper integration of new products and construction methods
- Develops implements and monitors processes to meet the Company’s high standards for quality construction, customer satisfaction and achieving customer touch point objectives
- Works collaboratively with other departments to design and efficiently construct high quality homes and improvements
- Implements construction science improvements in products and installation methods to reduce costs and defects, and improve quality and customer satisfaction
- Responsible for all jobsite compliance programs including training on and implementation of scopes of work, meeting building codes, complying with environmental laws, SWIPP, OSHA and other regulations
- Oversees all procedures necessary to maintain safe worksites. Implements Safety Program, ensures compliance by all employees, vendors and others who access construction sites and directs investigations and corrective actions for safety lapses
- Implements and monitors systems to ensure that construction schedules are adhered to without compromising quality and safety
- Oversees efficient completion of all construction work ranging from off sites, to 100% completion of homes at closing, to provision of timely and effective customer service
- Uses systems such as Hyphen / Build Pro to monitor schedules and maintain effective and efficient communication
- Makes strategic adjustments to schedules and procedures based on business needs and field conditions
- Leads construction and customer service teams to effectively coordinate with design professionals, sales and marketing, management, trades, permitting authorities and customers to produce quality homes and improvements
- Controls costs and manages quality through efficient scheduling, communication and management of all disciplines
- Designs schedules to accommodate and make necessary adjustments for timely completion of model homes and installation of homebuyer options
- Forecasts financial requirements. Schedules and monitors expenditures, analyzes variances, and initiates corrective actions where necessary.
Candidates Will Need to Meet the Follow Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree helpful.
- Minimum 5-7 years experience in high-volume production homebuilding.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of managerial experience.
- Expert in construction sciences.
- Strong knowledge of building codes
- Understanding of architecture, structural engineering, soils engineering and other disciplines involved in home construction.
- Sound budgeting and finance ability.
- Proficient in BuildPro.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
At CalAtlantic, we value every individual’s perspective and contribution. We are dedicated to creating a diverse environment where people can share their own backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas. CalAtlantic is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and treats all individuals fairly and in accordance with all applicable laws. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while creating a collaborative working environment.
Except where prohibited, all employment is conditioned upon a satisfactory investigation into a candidate’s suitability. This may include a candidate’s work and criminal history. While applicants are not asked about criminal history at the initial application stage, a criminal background check may be conducted at the conditional offer stage, and may be considered where relevant and job related in CalAtlantic’s opinion, and consistent with applicable law. A conditional offer of employment will not automatically be revoked because of a conviction, and a variety of factors will be considered. Candidates who receive a conditional offer will be required to pass a drug screen conducted in accordance with applicable law. CalAtlantic reserves the right to revoke any conditional offer of employment.